Article Summary:
This is a very short article which outlines a few lessons for science teachers wishing to incorporate some technology into the classroom. The author explains how teachers can create lessons in which students create eBooks, generate PowerPoint slideshows, utilize digital microscopy in order to view objects up close, and use computers to take a virtual field trip. There were also useful tips included at the end of the article. One tip recommended doing internet searches before the class in order to cut down on the time it takes for students to locate materials, and another tip encouraged teachers to collaborate with other teachers and to utilize technology-based lessons that are already out there.
Article Review:
Overall, this article was a nice little introduction to brainstorming ideas for using technology in the science classroom. Since I am getting my endorsement in General Science with a focus on Biology, I wanted to see what this article had to say. The idea of having the students develop eBooks is new to me, so I found the article worth-while. Of all the content areas, I believe that the sciences are the most appropriate courses for incorporating technology into the classroom (outside of teaching a computer science course). Luckily, delving into new technologies has always been a hobby of mine, so I feel that I am prepared in many ways to begin developing technology-based science lessons. Still, I am always learning new tips and techniques, so I did appreciate this article.
No comments:
Post a Comment